03 March, 2009

The... Late Night

So, it is Tuesday night here in Australia and I have just watched the opening of the new version of Late Night, starring the insufferable Jimmy Fallon. I felt I had some sort of obligation to do so because the last two hosts of the show were comedy geniuses, and I was hoping that somehow, Jimmy Fallon wouldn't suck like he usually does.

Too bad that Jimmy Fallon isn't a comedy genius, and he does indeed suck like he usually does. I watched up to the point that he pleaded for the audience to stay to watch the rest of the show before the Robert DeNiro interview. My god, how the hell did this man get to be the host of a show that had David Letterman and Conan O'Brien as the previous hosts? He couldn't even look directly at the camera for his stupid 'slow news jam' or whatever the hell it was called, and looked at the tele-prompter the whole time.

Really? He still does that after all the years he was on Saturday Night Live? He hasn't learnt how to... oh, I don't know... memorize a few lines here and there? You're a fucking comedian. Did you use cue cards and tele-prompters during your career as a stand-up? Does he still giggle during every single joke he tries to complete?

All I have to say to Mr Fallon is: Please, stop raping comedy, and shoot yourself in the face already.

No comments:

Post a Comment