09 September, 2009

The... Mothersbaugh

I've had my kids the last few days, and they've been pretty good. Most of the time, they've been quite content to sit still and have been watching a lot of Nick Jr.

Which means, I get to either watch or hear a lot of Nick Jr.

I swear, the whole line-up of shows makes me think of DEVO. Constantly. The music is either made by Mark Mothersbaugh, or inspired by his work, or he is on the show that is currently on.

It was quite strange the first time I spotted him drawing on 'Yo Gabba Gabba!'

My kids were watching him intently as he started to draw some creature, the type of which I cannot recall... but he then drew a flute and the drawing started to play the flute and jump about the place (which reminded me of "Cactus Chef playing 'We Didn't Start the Fire' on a flute" from Late Night with Conan O'Brien). Obviously his mind is still warped from the old DEVO days and this has translated to the projects that he is involved in...

...which is good to see. That's exactly what kids need these days. Some good old 1970's/1980's insanity.

By the way, I found the Lego man from here. Quite awesome indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment