15 June, 2010

The... Downtime

In the next few days, if the site has some downtime, then I can say that it is because I am finally moving the blog to my own hosting. I've had hosting for other sites for a number of years, and I simply made this blog on Blogger because I couldn't be bothered screwing around with any in-depth CMS like Wordpress.

The last time I had used Wordpress, I got the shits with it quickly because my site never looked the way I wanted it to, the massive amounts of spam were such a hassle and because I kind of just didn't like it at the time. It seems a lot more robust and there are ways to combat the spam now, so I thought it was time to make the move.

I'm currently working on a bit of a redesign, or more realistic... a design, since this is mostly just one of the basic Blogger templates that I hacked about a bit. So once that is done, the site will be fully switched over to Wordpress and everything will be sweet.

At the moment, I don't want my domain registration to change to my hosting service, and the thing that is confusing me is how I am going to be doing this. I have my domain hosted at GoDaddy, but the site hosting is at Dreamhost... so what do I do to make that work?

Everything about the site will be the same hopefully, but a few things might change, with some things going and some new things coming... so be patient with it please.

No comments:

Post a Comment